Staying tied is difficult, there is no doubt about it. Life is busy and we often get so caught up in it that we allow our anchors to drop with weak yarn instead of rope.
We aren’t focused on staying tied because of everything that’s going on around us! We start to cut corners in our relationship with God. We skip church. We decide not to read our Bible. Perhaps we put off the plans that God has for us.
You see, staying tied requires an action from us. It requires us to make decisions and to seek God in the midst of whatever we have going on at the time. To stay tied itself is to take your position and stand still.
In 2nd Chronicles, the scripture discusses a specific list that shows us just how to do that!
1. Do not fear. Fear paralyses us and achieves nothing. Fear never changes circumstances for the better. It contaminates faith and it gets us doubting and questioning everything God has said. Fear is the opposite of faith, resist it!
2. Do not be dismayed. God isn’t saying that he will keep us from facing battles, but that we should not be discouraged, disheartened, or full of despair in battle because He is our God and He fights for us!
3. The battle isn’t ours. It is his! God fights for His people, and He brings them to victory!
4. Position yourself! Don’t run or hide when the battle comes, but instead take up your position right next to your brothers and sisters. Stand shoulder to shoulder, lift your eyes to God, plant your feet firmly, and stand together in prayer facing the enemy. God will overcome our enemy!
5. Remain in your position. God is reiterating that how you position yourself and where you position yourself is extremely important to the battle’s outcome. If you leave the fight, if you leave your position, you make the rest of the people vulnerable and you won’t see His victory, you will only taste defeat.
All five of these directions are necessary to follow and abide by in order to stay tied to Him.
So hold fast.
Hold the course.
Hold your position.
And watch what God does.
“You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you, Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you.’ ””
2 Chronicles 20:17 NIV
Team Wade loves you and there’s nothing you can do about it 👊🧡