Any trigger about money leads me to fear, thoughts of how I don’t have enough, and my need to save more to create security. When I am triggered about money, I fall into a rut—that’s the way my brain works—so I need to create a trench of truth.
The good news is that the Bible speaks to all our problems. God’s Word gives us truth that empowers us to break out of the old ruts of destruction and onto a new path that leads to life. What does the Bible say that applies directly to my fears and issues about money? Here are some verses:
• I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. Philippians 4:12 NIV
• “I will save you, and you will be a blessing.” Zechariah 8:13 NIV
• “It is more blessed to give than to receive.” Acts 20:35 NIV
• God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:8 NIV
• God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19 NIV
May these verses become our Declaration- The goal of the declaration is to have it become our new neural pathway, our intentionally dug trench of truth.
Here’s a declaration based on God’s Word:
Money is not and never will be a problem for me. My God is an abundant provider who meets every need. Because I am blessed, I will always be a blessing. I will lead the way with irrational generosity, because I know it’s truly more blessed to give than to receive.
That’s just one declaration that speaks directly to a problem that has plagued me for years. These statements create a new pathway, leading to peace and generosity.
What new neural pathway do you need to create? That depends on your old pathway, right?
Draw your declarations from God’s truth and make them your own.
With a new declaration, we are claiming the victory we have in Christ, and we need to create a neural pathway that affirms Gods ability to demolish the stronghold and win the battle.
Resist those lies. Keep renewing your mind with God’s truth, and it will become true of you.
“And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.”
II Corinthians 9:8 NKJV